- Department of Mechanical Engineering has been Accredited(Academic Years 2016-2017 to 2019-2020) by National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi.
- The department has 26 highly qualified and experienced faculty (with 7 Ph.D. Scholars and 14 Research Scholars pursuing Ph.D.).
- State of art classrooms, seminar hall, and laboratories.
- “Learning Factory” consisting of CNC machines and 3-D printers to enhance engineering skills.
- 49 students have secured Ranks to the University since the inception.
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) club promotes students to participate in automotive and aero-designs competitions at national level.
- Organizes guest lectures, industrial visits, and add-on courses to improve industry-institute interaction
- Students are trained for placement through Human Resource & Training Cell (HRTC).
- Mini Projects in 2nd and 3rd year to nurture the creative skills
- Master tutorials for critical subjects in each semester.
- Financial support by Research & Development (RDC) cell for staff and students, to present technical papers in journals and conferences.
To impart quality education for developing technically sound and globally competent mechanical engineers.
- To excel in academics.
- To inculcate and promote R & D activities.
- To motivate the staff and students for career development.
- To imbibe lifelong technical and ethical development.
- To strengthen industry-institute interaction.
The Department has organized National Conferences / seminars, STTP Programs / National Level Paper Presentation activities. The staff has given Invited Guest Lectures.
The Department has established Computer Aided Engineering Lab for I/II Semester Students, worth of Rs. 35.00 Lakhs and it is appreciated by various authorities in particular VTU, Belgaum. And it is First of its Kind in Entire Karnataka State.