The department is established in the year 1986.This is one of the premier departments in the college and is most preferred by the student community.The department has well qualified teaching faculty comprising of 04-Profs, 05-Assoc. Profs and 14-Asst.Profs. Training the students for the state of the art technology is the main aim of the department.
1. To achieve excellence by executing the academic process in electronics engineering with a vibrant student-teacher participation.
2. To groom future professional leaders having high moral and ethical standards.
3. To promote global, economic, environmentally- and socially-relevant research and development activities in the domain of electronics and communication engineering.
4. To maintain consistent relationship with alumni, industry, government and society.
5. To encourage lifelong learning in developing innovative products, technologies and services in the field of electronics and communication engineering.
Major Laboratories of the department are
2. HDL Lab
3. Microprocessor Lab
4. VLSI Design Lab
5. Power Electronics Lab
6. Digital Signal and Image Processing Lab
7. Digital Electronics Lab
8. Microcontroller Lab
9. Analog and Digital Communication Lab
Students of this department have performed extreemly well over the years by securing ranks to the university with excellent university results consistantly above 96%. Both staff and students of this department have participated in national and International workshops and have published papers in Reputed journals.Many times department has bagged best project of the year award at state level student project programme/Exhibition conducted by KSCST Bangalore.
Department conducts e-Nova a National level Tech fest which provides platform for students to showcase their talents in paper presentation,project exhibition and Novel Electronic circuit design. Students graduated from this department have been well placed in companies like WIPRO,
INFOSYS, TCS Solutions, Accords,Sankalp semiconductors, Mindtree etc.