The Department of Chemical Engineering was established in the year 1996 and has an annual intake of 60 students. The Department is accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA), New Delhi and is recognized by VTU as Research Centre for pursuing M.Sc. (Engineering) / Ph.D. programmes. The Department is headed by Dr. Umesh B. Deshannavar. The department has a team of dedicated faculty members to take personal care in all-round development of students.
The Department has been organizing National level conferences, Symposiums, various co-curricular and extracurricular activities in association with Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IIChE) – Student Chapter, Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), Sneham International, Belagavi, Anand Life sciences, Belagavi and many other Industries.
To be a department of excellence in education and research meeting the requirements of industry and society
- To create graduates with sound knowledge in theoretical and applied aspects of Chemical Engineering.
- To prepare graduates for professional practice and higher studies in core and multidisciplinary areas through seminars and projects.
- To achieve excellence in academics and research through quality education and student support systems.
- Foster industry-institute relationship to bridge the gap between theory and practice.
- To facilitate employ ability and entrepreneurship through holistic education and alumni network.
The Major Laboratories
of this Department are:
· Mechanical Operation Lab
· Momentum Transfer Lab
· Pollution Control & Instrumental Analysis Lab
· Mass Transfer Lab
· Process Control Lab
· Chemical Reaction Engineering Lab
· Process Heat Transfer Lab
· Computer Applications & Simulation Lab
Salient features of Department
- MoU with S. Nijalingappa Sugar Institute and UniversitiTeknologi PETRONAS, Malaysia
- Compulsory industrial training and mini projects at 2nd and 3rd year level
- Strong alumni network. They are well placed in various government organizations and industries in India and abroad