Department of Biomedical Engineering at Dr.KLEMSSCET was established during 1997. The Department is accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA), New Delhi and is recognized by VTU as Research Centre for pursuing Ph.D. programmes. The Department is headed by Dr. R H Havaldar. The department has a team of dedicated faculty members to take personal care in all-round development of students.
- To achieve academic excellence by applying biomedical engineering knowledge.
- To adapt emerging technologies in biomedical engineering through continual learning.
- To acquire the knowledge of medical instrumentation through engineering and related R & D activities.
- To work with hospitals and healthcare industries to enhance practical knowledge.
- To develop competencies for employability and entrepreneurship in core and interdisciplinary areas.
The Major Laboratories of the department are:
- Analog Electronics Circuit Lab
- Digital Design and HDL Lab
- Embedded Controllers Lab
- Biomedical Transducers And Measurements Lab
- Signal Conditioning Circuits and Data Acquisition Lab
- Clinical Instrumentation Lab
- OOPs with C++ Lab
- Biomedical Digital Signal Processing Lab
The Innovative learning process in Department
1) The department every year conducts motivational Guest Lectures, Seminars for the students to help them cope up with the needs of the Industry.
2) The Biomedical Engineering Staff-Students Technical Association (BESTA) actively conducts various Technical activities like Hospital visit, Industrial visits, and Workshops on advanced topics etc.
3) The Department conducts the “Product Analysis Competitions” wherein a class is divided into two Groups and asked to form a company, produce a virtual product and market it.