Department of Bio-Medical Engineering at KLESCET was established during 1997. Since its establishment all the staff members have been steering to achieve the best in the field. Well trained faculty members and technical staff continuously put their act together for the upliftment of the students and the department. The department has been a great contributor to the overall growth of the college in all spheres: academics and non-academics.
The department enrolls 30 students every year. Both staff and students presented technical papers at National and International level. Also they have attended various seminars, workshops in the emerging field like Medical Image Processing, Medical Digital Signal Processing, Wireless Sensor Networks and New Trends in Biomedical Instrumentation.
- To achieve academic excellence by applying biomedical engineering knowledge.
- To adapt emerging technologies in biomedical engineering through continual learning.
- To acquire the knowledge of medical instrumentation through engineering and related R & D activities.
- To work with hospitals and healthcare industries to enhance practical knowledge.
- To develop competencies for employability and entrepreneurship in core and interdisciplinary areas.
The Department has laboratories well equipped both in software and hardware. The department labs include Bio-Signal and Image Processing lab, Micro controller lab,Bio-Medical Equipment lab,Analog Circuits lab,Digital Electronics and Microprocessors lab. The parent society owns an ultra modern 1900-bedded hospital where in students are given hands on experience in the hospital.
The department association “Bio-Medical Engineering Students / Staff Technical Association (BESTA)” was formed during 1999. The prime objective of the association has been to encourage and support students and staff members for their overall growth.
The agenda of the association also includes conducting and organizing various events like technical / non-technical seminars, guest lectures, and competitions at various levels. The department also embeds its own library (BESTA Library), which consists of around 825 volumes of various subjects. Every year the department has been adding books of regular subjects and distinct books that has been a prime feature of the library.
BEST PRACTICES DEVELOPMENT IN DEPARTMENT:
1) BESTA Association
2) Student Assessment – EQ & IQ
3) Mentorship Program
4) Hospital Training
5) Staff Appraisal
6) Parents Feedback
7) Employers Feedback
8) Bio-Medical Consultancy
9) Technical and Non-technical add on programmes.
1) The department regularly conducts Emotional Quotient [EQ]/ Intelligent Quotient (IQ) test from experts in that field.
Based on the results of the test the staff orient their teaching methodologies to suit / improve the needs of the students
2) Based on the result of the EQ / IQ test students with similar traits are formed into various groups and theme based
activity is suggested that includes mini projects, poster presentation contest, essay writing competition & so on. Lot of
focus is given on extra curricular activities.
3) The department every year conducts motivational talks for the pre – final year students to help them cope up with the
needs of the Industry. Talks are delivered by the experts in the field.
4) Pre – final year Students are also exposed over a period of 3 to 4 days to the rig ours of the Logical Reasoning and
mental ability to prepare them mentally for the Placement activities.
5) The Department conducts the “Product Presentation for Newly Formed Companies”. Wherein a class is divided into two
Groups and asked to form a company, Produce a virtual product and market it.